Printing posters on UCSD's HP DesignJet T1100ps 44 printer
NOTE: If you are not affiliated with SCCN, you must set up a printing account before you can use this printer. The form to apply for a recharge printing account is at http://sdacs.ucsd.edu/~icc/colorprint.php.
Poster printing checklist
Here is your quick checklist for creating and printing a poster.
- Install the printer drivers on your computer.
- Drivers for Windows and Mac are available below. Mac users only need the PPD. Windows users need to install the printer driver specific to their operating system.
- Printer drivers are available for those who have SCCN computer accounts. The location is smb://sccn.ucsd.edu/software/Printing (\\sccn.ucsd.edu\software\Printing).
- Choose your program.
- PowerPoint will work, but it may prove to be limiting in terms of supported graphics file formats.
- Illustrator is a good option, but if you have never used it before, it may be a little intimidating.
- Choose your poster size and orientation.
- The two available paper rolls for this printer come in 36 and 42 inches. Make sure one of your poster dimensions is 36 or 42 inches.
- Design your poster.
- Print the poster to a Postscript file.
- Upload the Postscript file to the printer account.
- Choose the type and size of paper for your poster.
- Paper types and sizes are described at http://acs.ucsd.edu/print/cplot.shtml.
- Print the poster.
- Delete the poster file from the printer account.
- Pick up your poster.
Poster Printing Instructions
- Printing Guide
- Software Guides