[Eeglablist] group level analysis
ds377 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 06:34:07 PST 2004
Thank you for your earlier reply.
To assess group level data is the process outlined below the right
- perform ICA on individual data
- identify relevant components (ICs) - ? according to their relation to
stimulus onset and response time and similar power spectra?
- identify identical relevant components across subjects -- ? Is it
usually possible to identify components across subjects? Is there an
objective method for this or the researcher has to "subjectively"
judge the similarity of ICs?
- average identical component loadings across subjects
--> is it possible this way to describe "group level" components?
- What if some components are missing in some persons? Sould
one accept this as an indication of individual variability and simply
use only components accepted as identical from other subjects? Or
is it due to data quality not good enough? It it possible to tell the
quality of the data from the point of view of the ICA algorithm? (apart
from the No of data points needed)
thank you, denes
Lecturer in Neuroscience and Education
University of Cambridge, UK
Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 2BX, UK
Tel: +44-(0)1223 369631
Fax: +44-(0)1223 324421
More information about the Eeglablist