[Eeglablist] ICA data length
haresh29 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 19:54:21 PST 2004
I have some queries on ICA which I hope you can help with.
I have 12 channel EEG data and I am working on removing respiration and EKG
artifacts from my data automatedly. One of the techniques that I'm exploring is
ICA. I perform ICA on the data in the following manner:
1. seperate data into epochs of 5 sec (12 channel data sampling rate: 185 Hz)
2. remove bad epochs i.e transients , pop artifacts etc by time domain analysis
3. perform ICA on remaining epochs individually
4. Determine components containing respiration/EKG artifacts by matching their
freq with freq of reference respiration/ekg channel
5. project remaining components to get the clean epoch.
Do you think this method is correct?. In particular, is the data length (12 x 925 points) sufficient to give 12 components?. I have tried using longer epoch lengths
but it does not help much in giving cleaner more distinct components, probably
because the artifacts are fleeting i.e the respiration/EKG artifacts are not
present throughout the data but they come and go. What do you think?
Thanks for you help,
University of Houston
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eeglablist