[Eeglablist] EEGLAB crashes
bronnick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 00:41:07 PDT 2004
> My name is Geoff Woodman, I'm a postdoc at Vanderbilt. I want to use
> EEGLAB to analyze some data collected on a Neuroscan system. However,
> when we try to run eegplot the PC crashes. Its a newer Dell (running
> XP) with 1 GB of RAM so I wouldn't think it was a hardware deficiency.
> Do you have any suggestions?
In general if a PC running XP crashes hard, there are three
1. Hardware error
2. Low memory, for instance if you have turned off the virtual memory swap file.
3. Hardware driver error- often in interaction with software glitches.
In this case perhaps a fault with the driver for the video-card?
If this happened to me, I'd do the following:
1. Download the newest driver for my graphics card and install the
latest DirectX version.
2. Check my virtual memory settings- let XP manage the size.
3. Install the latest chipset drivers for my PC
4. Scan the harddrive for errors
5. Check the PC-hardware by using diagnostic software
6. Update Windows?
However, are you sure the PC crashes hard, or is it just Matlab that
goes down? In that case, I'd update Matlab if there was a
patch/service release available, or perhaps Run Matlab without Java?
Kolbjørn S. Brønnick
More information about the Eeglablist