[Eeglablist] ICA time estimate

Robert Frank rmfrank at mac.com
Tue Jan 11 14:27:40 PST 2005

Hello:

Dr. Kevin Glass of the Neuroinformatics Center at the University of
Oregon has developed parallel C/C++ implementations of both  the
FastICA and Infomax (Bell & Sejnowski) algorithms.

Parallel Infomax:

Our parallel Infomax implementation runs on up to 8 processors
concurrently in  a shared memory configuration under Linux on an IBM
p655/p690 cluster, or under AIX on a p655 (IBM Power Architecture).

Parallel FastICA:

Our parallel FastICA  implementation runs on up to 32 processors
concurrently in a distributed memory configuration under Linux on a
Dell Xeon cluster.

Both versions are designed to quickly decompose large, high density,
EEG data sets.  If you were to send us the data, we can perform the ICA
decomposition here on our machines and send you the results (Weight and
Sphering matrices, independent components).

We have also developed sequential (single-processor) versions of both
algorithms that you can run locally under Linux/OS X on an Intel or
PowerPC machine, respectively.

These algorithms can be called directly or from within APECS (Automated
Protocol for Electromagnetic Component Separation), a framework we
developed that combines ICA decomposition with automatic ocular
artifact detection and removal.

If you are interested in exploring either option, we would be happy top
assist you.

Respectfully,

Robert Frank
Neuroinformatics Center