[Eeglablist] [PMX:####] Having memory size problems, how do people handle this?

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:46:54 PST 2005

Dear Jim,

under Matlab you said that you had 2 Gigs available and you were trying
to import a 3-Gig file, so it cannot work. As far as I know, Matlab will
not not use the swap to reserve memory for big arrays. I think Matlab
cannot create arrays which size go beyond the available memory (however
once created, some memory may be released by using the swap).

Hope this help,

Arno