[Eeglablist] Coordinate systems question

Robert Oostenveld roberto at smi.auc.dk
Fri Feb 18 06:36:52 PST 2005

Hi Laszlo

You can also have a look at
http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/faq.html#q5 where some coordinate
systems are explained. In general it is possible to convert from one
coordinate system to the other, but it may be tricky. Attached you will
find a function that computes a homogenous coordinate transformation
matrix, that can be used to convert a list of positions from one to the
other coordinate system. Also have a look at
http://bishopw.loni.ucla.edu/AIR5/homogenous.html to see how to use the
homogenous coordinate transformation matrix.

For dipole modelling it is important to reaslie that all geometrical
objects (i.e. electrode positions, headmodel and dipolemodel) have to
be expressed in the same coordinate system (and in the same units of
course).

best regards,
Robert