[Eeglablist] What is the difference between runica and binica?

liyd02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn liyd02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Mar 10 04:12:47 PST 2005

Hello,all,
I am a Phd candidate at Tsinghua University,China, and I am currenting doing
P300 detection using ICA. In my experiment I found that the two ICA
implementation
functions runica.m and binica.m will give different results,that is,the
demixing matrix weights produces by the two functions are difference. However,
 I run these two functions with completely same parameters configurations. I have
tried many times and found the same results always. As for P300 detection rate,
the binica.m outperforms runica.m. I wondered what is the difference between these
two algorithms. Is it possible to get the source code for the binary
implementation part of the binica.m?
Thank you very much!
Yandong Li
Dept of Automation,Tsinghua University,China,
100084,
liyd02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
03-10-2005