[Eeglablist] EEG, ALLEEG, and OutOfMemory problem with ICA

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Fri Mar 18 10:28:58 PST 2005

Dear André,

note that since EEG and ALLEEG are identical, they do not take extra
space in memory (Matlab handles that automatically). As soon as you
modify the EEG structure, Matlab creates a new instance in memory. Then
ALLEEG structure is used as a backup for the EEG structure. There is an
option in the EEGLAB menu under menu item "Maximize memory" to prevent
EEGLAB from using the ALLEEG structure (it will be always empty) and
another option to prevent EEGLAB from storing ICA component activities
(since they can be recomputed at all time).