[Eeglablist] ICA does not start running properly

Maarten Mennes Maarten.Mennes at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 19 07:25:55 PDT 2005

hi,

after successfully running ICA on epoched data to remove eyemovement
artifacts, I want to run ICA again on the filtered epochs to remove
other artifact components. I do not want to work with the remaining
components of the first ICA as these epochs can differ a lot from the
task related epochs I want to use.

However, for some unclear reason the ICA procedure starts stalling at
the "Beginning ICA training..." print. Sometimes it gets to lowering its
learning rate and starting again, but I tend to abort the thing after
half an hour.

Running the ICA for removing the eyemovements was no problem at all. It
never took more than one ore two minutes. Even when I used it on more
epochs than what I'm trying to now.

What could be the problem?

thanks,
maarten