[Eeglablist] Plugins and bandpass FIR filtering

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Wed Apr 27 18:04:28 PDT 2005

Dear Brahim,

I realized the IIR eeglab plugin already uses filtfilt.
Matworks also recommend using it for IIR filters (see link below)

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/signal/filterd3.html

So the phase distortion I was mentioning does not apply in this case. It
also means that IIR filtering may be recommended for filtering EEG data
in most cases (since the signal drop-off is sharper).

Arno