[Eeglablist] Signal to Noise ratio using ICA

karthik sundararaman karthiksundar at indiainfo.com
Sat May 21 06:24:25 PDT 2005

Dear Friends,
              I have read that ICA increases the signal to noise Ratio of acquired EEG signals. I would like to calculate SNR of a segment of EEG before and after applying ICA. I know SNR = log (power of signal)/(power of muscle noise or any source of artifact)
But is it enough if we find out this in EEG and UCA corrected EEG to know the efficiency of ICA.
Thanks in Advance
Expecting a good positive reply
Regards
Karthik

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference! www.indiainfo.com
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!