[Eeglablist] What type of monitor gives less noise in the neuropsychology experiment?

Alexei A. Morozov morozov at mail.cplire.ru
Thu Jun 30 07:31:45 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues,

Could you please give me an advice.
I am going to automate a neuropsychology experiment.
The visual stimulus will be demonstrated on the computer monitor.
So, the question is what type of computer monitor
produces less noise – LCD of CRT?
I have read that TFT (LCD) monitor produces less noise, but it has
the vertical scanning frequency 56 – 75 Hz, that intersects with
the Gamma frequencies that we want to measure.
Well, could anybody tell me please what type of monitor
gives less noise in the neuropsychology experiment?
Have anybody compared various types of computer monitors?

Thank you,

Alexei