AW: [Eeglablist] newbie chaos

Sarnthein Johannes Johannes.Sarnthein at usz.ch
Tue Aug 30 23:46:08 PDT 2005

Hi Georges,
from the amount of data EEGLAB is well suited. If your RAM cannot handle the the whole dataset at once, you could e.g. read in stretches of data at a time and process them separately. The direct access to the matlab scripts gives you ample possibilities to speed up processing.
As to your project, you will have a hard time calculating valid Lyapunov exponents etc, since EEG is non-stationary. Chaos is good for characterizing lasers or such physical devices.
Best,
Johannes