[Eeglablist] fMRIb relative trigger location

Rami K. Niazy rami at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 07:00:41 PDT 2005

Dear Yuko

The purpose of this parameter is to insure that EVERY part of an
artifact segment (slice/volume depending on your triggers) is completely
included between the positions of two successive triggers.  If you
scroll through your data with the events on, then you can define the
start/end as follows:

Start:  When you start seeing the artifact (or slightly before in the
artifact-free area).
End:  When the next artifact starts using the above def.

We could define the start of the artifact a little earlier/later and
still be ok, as long as the whole artifact segment is included.  Then
you calculate the trigger relative to where you define the start of the
artifact.

In your particular case, it seems that you get the trigger before any
artifact appear (8ms before the the RF).  If this is indeed the case (as
should be verified by scrolling through the EEG data with the events
on), then just use 0.

Rely on the EEG and Event data and not the pulse sequence when
determining the trigger position.   There could be some delay between
when the sequence sends the trigger and when it is recorded in the EEG.

I hope this helps.

Rami