[Eeglablist] Using large datasets in EEGLab

Elin-Merethe Lilleng elinmel at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Nov 23 09:17:56 PST 2005

Hi,

I`ve run into the same problem ("Out of Memory" error message) when
trying to run ICA on a file with 128 channels. I then "asked" Matlab
about the prblem, and got the answear that I could use the "PACK
command", my problem is that I don`t know where to use this command; is
it in matlab (didn`t work by typing it...) or is it in Eeglab? Does
anyone know how to do this?

What I did find in Eeglab was a function under "File" named "Maximize
memory", tried this, but it didn`t help!

Is there anyone out there who knows how much memory is needed to run ICA
on 128 and 256 chanel data, the datasets are from 120 000 kB - 400 000
kB?

I`m using Windows XP on a 1,5 GHz portable PC with 1.2GB of RAM.

Thanks, Elin