[Eeglablist] filter problems

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at mac.com
Mon Dec 5 04:40:08 PST 2005

Hi all,

we've encountered some problems during filtering.
Data: MEG (SR 678.17; .1-200 Hz); 10 times auditory stimulation

In eeglab we filterd the raw data 1-20 Hz bandpass (eeglab 4.512 &
4.515 in Matlab 6.5 & Matlab 7.04). However when looking at the data
we see simply a sinusoidal modulation at 22 Hz.
When we first filter with high-pass then low-pass, no problem & the
data incl. topographies look sensible (auditory N1m). I'm not sure
why this happens (we frequently repeated the procedure).
Found some filter problems described here:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/Known_bugs.html

but it's not quite the same as what we see now.

Best,
Nathan

Dr. Nathan Weisz
Dept. of Psychology