[Eeglablist] Problem reading channel locations

Alexander Roth aroth at hs-heilbronn.de
Mon Dec 12 08:21:50 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have a channel position file that consists of the following entries:

channel number, radius, theta, phi

Here's an extract of the first three lines of this file as an example:

1,1,105,60

2,1,84,63

3,1,63,75

When I'm trying to import this data with the command

readlocs('F:\RohEEG\SZ\NetzPos.pos','filetype','custom','format',{'channum'
'radius' 'theta' 'sph_phi'})

I'm getting the following error message:

readlocs() warning: Fewer columns in the input than expected.

                    See >> help readlocs

readlocs(): Inserting electrode labels automatically.

??? Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch.

Error in ==> cell2mat at 46

        M(i,j) = C{i,j};

Error in ==> readlocs at 588

       allchannum = cell2mat( { eloc.channum } );

What am I doing wrong? I specified four columns in the readlocs() command,
so why does eeglab complain about to few columns in the input file?

Regards

Alexander Roth