[Eeglablist] Importing epoched ascii data into eeglab?

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Tue Jan 10 05:40:44 PST 2006

Dear Alexander,

> I have a dataset which was manipulated with Vision Analyzer. So the data
> is already preprocessed (artefact rejection, rejection of incorrect
> trials, baseline correction etc.). Because of the preprocessing the data
> is now in epoched format. So I know that the stimulus onset is exactly
> at 0 ms, the duration of one epoch is from -100 ms to 1000 ms, or 275
> data points (275 Hz sampling frequency).
> I imported the dataset into eeglab, but now I'm wondering how to tell
> eeglab that the data is in epoched format and that the stimulus onset is
> at every 275th timepoint.
Two suggestions:
(1) Use the new version of the bvaio-plugin available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bva-io/. It should support reading
epoched data exported from Analyzer in Generic Data format (write header
and marker file, binary data file format). Please report bugs and
unexpected behavior.

(2) Adjust your dataset from command line or script:
EEG.xmin = -0.1;
EEG.xmax = 0.996;
EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG); % reshapes EEG.data to 3D
Many EEGLAB functions additionally require the EEG.event and
EEG.chanlocs structures to be defined.

Regards,
Andreas