[Eeglablist] synchronization: a problem for ICA?

Ruijiang Li ruijiang at cnel.ufl.edu
Sat Jan 28 20:28:36 PST 2006

Hi, all:

I have a simple question about using ICA for ERP analysis.
  The experiment was designed such that every time the stimulus (a
very loud 50ms white noise) is presented, the subject would blink. So,
the blink becomes stimulus-locked and almost always co-occur with the
N100 wave. My job is to isolate these two activities using ICA, which
I'm not comfortable with because temporal independence is not
statistically significant for these two sources (eyeblink and N100). My
question is, according to your experience, is it possible to separate
the two sources at all?

Thank you very much!

--
Ruijiang Li