[Eeglablist] Removal of ocular artifact from EEG using ICA

Stefan Debener s.debener at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Feb 3 01:45:51 PST 2006

Take all 32 channels (except bipolar channels), eye blinks contribute
(with different weights) to all channels. You may evaluate the quality
of ICA-based artifact correction by comparing the voltage maps at eye
blink peak latencies before and after correction. Let's assume dataset 1
is the uncorrected and dataset 2 is the corrected cnt file, and 'lat'
contains the latency (in sampling points) of an eye blink of interest:

 >>figure;
 >>subplot(1,2,1);
 >>topoplot(ALLEEG(1).data(:,lat), EEG.chanlocs);
 >>subplot(1,2,2);
 >>topoplot(ALLEEG(2).data(:,lat), EEG.chanlocs);

Hope this helps,
Stefan