[Eeglablist] topo maps of grand averaged data

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Fri Feb 24 02:14:53 PST 2006

Dear Clayton,

> My question is this: is there an easy way to
> create topo maps from the grand averaged data?
There is a plugin under development offering some basic grand averaging
functionality. An RC version can be downloaded from
http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~biocog/widmann/eeglab-plugins.shtml.
However, please be aware that this is still work in progress and not
tested under all situations yet. If you use it, please report back any
encountered problems or suggestions to the list or to me.

The plugin averages *all* trials per dataset (from disk or from ALLEEG
structure) and places the average of each dataset as a trial in a new
EEG structure. Thus, the to be averaged datasets should only contain the
trial types you want to average (preprocess with pop_selectevent()). All
EEGLAB plotting functions can then be applied to this new EEG structure.
  Keeping the average of each dataset as a trial in the grand average
preserves variance information for statistical testing across
subjects/conditions.

Best,
Andreas