[Eeglablist] Neuroscan data files

Christopher.Brown at manchester.ac.uk Christopher.Brown at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 09:20:56 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody has experience loading Neuroscan .cnt files into
EEGLAB. When I try this, and view the data, it looks fine from the plot but
the actual data values are completely different from in the original .cnt
file, out by about 5 orders of magnitude. When I then export the data as an
acsii, these altered values are exported.

The reason I want to do this is that I'd like to import continuous data from
Neuroscan, perform an ICA artefact rejection, and then export the files back
into Neuroscan. Does anybody have an alternative method of doing this that
may work better? There is a writecnt function in EEGLAB but I can't get it
to work with my imported and ICA-corrected data.

Best wishes,
Chris

Christopher Brown
Human Pain Research Group