[Eeglablist] ERSP baseline

Brian Roach Brian.Roach at yale.edu
Thu Mar 16 11:34:23 PST 2006

At 10:49 AM 3/13/2006, Brian Roach wrote:
>EEGlab users,
>
>I have what I hope is an easy question on the baseline period for ERSP
>data (in timef.m).  Let's say my epochs go from -1 to 2 seconds, and my
>window size for analysis is 128 samples.  If my AD rate is 1000Hz, and my
>baseline period is -1 to 0, will the last FFT that contributes to the
>average baseline power have the center of it 128 sample( or ms) window on 0,

After reading through the timef code, it seems that the baseline window
include all the center points for the FFT window, so a -1 to 0 (seconds)
baseline would have its last FFT window centered on either -1 or 0 (ms) and
data from 0-63 or 64ms would contribute to the mean baseline power.  If
anyone disagrees please let me know.