[Eeglablist] using calibration pulses and establishing 2-channel references

Ben Cipollini ben.cipollini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:33:49 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have two basic questions for normalizing my EEG data using EEGLAB.

1. I have a set of calibration pulses in my data.  They are marked by
a "condition code" of 0.  First, how can I extract just this data (I
can't find a way to select data of a specific condition code).
Second, how do I actually use the calibration pulses to normalize the
EEG data?

2. Our EEG is recorded as being referenced to M1.  After we record, we
usually re-reference to (M1+M2)/2 by subtracting channel M2/2.  In
EEGLAB, when I re-reference my data to M2, is that doing the same
thing?  Or is it subtracting M2 (not M2/2)?

I took a look through the EEGLAB documentation; if these issues are
addressed there, I would appreciate a pointer to that.

Thank you very much!

Ben Cipollini
http://sdepl.ucsd.edu/