[Eeglablist] how do deal with ECOG and other channels not in .elp file?

Jim Kroger jkroger at nmsu.edu
Thu Apr 13 09:25:41 PDT 2006

Hi, when the number of channels in our .bdf file does not match the number
in our .elp file, EEGLAB will not accept the channel locations. We record 8
extra channels for ecog, etc., as well as GSR data, and want to do analysis
including these channels. Is the solution to create additional entries in
the .elp file?

We can digitize the electrodes for ecog etc. on the face (is this
recommended?), but not the GSR electrodes. Is it OK if we just use "made
up" coordinates so something will appear in the .elp file?

Or would it be better to add these additional channels somehow after the
scalp electrodes are already loaded by EEGLAB?

Thanks,
Jim