[Eeglablist] Statistics on coherence across subjects

arno arno at salk.edu
Wed Apr 19 09:25:35 PDT 2006

Alexander Roth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there's an hint in the FAQ concerning the problem to do cross subject
> analyses on coherence. It says that the output of crossf() is used as
> input to tftopo(). I couldn't imagine how this is done exactly in order
> to compare data of two different groups (for example patients and
> controls). Can somebody help me, maybe post some code snippets?

Tftopo allows to plot grand-average ERSP of multiple subjects (and
assess significant deviation from baseline) but not to compare
conditions (you could simply subtract images for each pair of condition
but you would not obtain the significant differences). We are finalizing
a set of statistical tools for comparing any set of conditions for our
new STUDY structure. A different version of these surrogate tests are
already available in the Fieldtrip toolbox from the command line
(although I have not personally tried them).