[Eeglablist] loadavg scaling question

Hamish Innes-Brown hinnesbrown at gmail.com
Fri May 19 23:35:19 PDT 2006

Hello list.

I have been trying to load neuroscan avg files alot recently, and am
running into some odd difficulties.

I have an old 16-bit Synamps as well as a new 32-bit Synamps2
system.  I have used EEGlab extensively with data from the Synamps2
system with no problems.  But at the moment I am trying to import a
whole bunch of neuroscan .avg files from the OLD system, and all the
values seem to be about 30 times smaller than expected.  I don't have
enough matlab ninja powers to work out why this might be in the
loadavg code except that it might be something to do with the way the
calibration values are used, or if it's another problem entirely.

It doesn't seem to happen with avg files from the new Synamps system...

Has anyone else come accross this problem or have a way with dealing
with it?

Many thanks!

Hamish Innes-Brown
Mental Health Research Institute
National Neuroscience Facility
Level 2, 161 Barry St
Carlton South VIC 3053
Australia
+61 3 8344 1881  hinnesbrown at gmail.com

fMRI experience 27-30th June Melbourne Australia. Free Registration!
http://www.fmriexp.com/8