[Eeglablist] Montage for BioSemi 64 cap

abastos at berkeley.edu abastos at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 18 18:22:03 PDT 2006

Hello

I am trying to setup the electrode location information in EEGlab, the
toolkit for Matlab. EEGlab accepts many formats for the channel locations,
including spherical coordinates.
Our EEG system uses the Biosemi setup, and they provide a position
coordinates excel file on their website which provides positions in
spherical coordinates in degrees by  azimuth and latitude. Ive tried
taking these coordinates and putting them in a .sph file, which the EEGlab
tutorial says is readable. However, when this is used as the locations,
the electrode placement is off considerably, because it seems that the
Biosemi angles are not standard ways of expressing the coordinates.
Does anyone know how I can find a .loc or .sph file for a 64 electrode
montage , or any other format that is readable by EEGlab (readlocs() is
the function in  EEGlab that reads the electrode location information, and
it accepts many formats)?

Thanks!

-Andre