[Eeglablist] Can't use breakpoints in EEGLAB?

Dr James K. Kroger jkroger at nmsu.edu
Mon Jul 31 06:28:09 PDT 2006

Hello Arno et al., I want to write some plugins and am trying to trace
through EEGLAB operation. I opened eeglab.m, pop_eegthresh.m, and
eegthresh.m in the matlab debugger. I set breakpoints in eegthresh.m.
Then I ran eeglab.m. The breakpoints (red dots) in eegthresh.m
disappeared as soon as the execution began. When the blue eeglab
interface came up, I loaded some data, then again set the breakpoints
in eegthresh.m. When I executed the menu item reject data epochs/reject
extreme values, the breakpoints again disappeared. Thus I can not watch
the data structure at

sweeps = size(signal(1,:),2)/pnts;
signal = reshape(signal(electrodes,:), size(electrodes(:),1), pnts,
sweeps);

I want to do this so I can understand how the data is structured in
your code so I can step through it similarly. You seem not to use the
epoch structure (from epoching the data) and I'm confused about how you
are working with the data. The tutorial steps through epoching the data
for cleaning and some analyses but the code seems not to use the
epochs. I may address this in a separate question.

I know using "clear" will also erase breakpoints and I see it in
eeglab.m,  but I didn't see it in pop_eegthresh.m or eegthresh.m so
don't see how that could explain the second erasure of breakpoints. If
you have any clue to why this is happening or how to  step throught the
code with the debugger,  it would be greatly appreciated.

Jim