[Eeglablist] incompatibility between EEGLAB5.02 and Matlab R2006a?

Doerte K. Spring doerte at spring-west.net
Tue Aug 8 08:54:45 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I just installed a new matlab version on my Linux SUSE 10 machine and also got
the newest EEGLAB version 5.02, fresh from the EEGLAB homepage. Matlab works
fine as far as I can see, but as soon as I try to start EEGLAB matlab crashes al
the time. The path to EEGLAB is set correctly and should not be the cause of the
problem.

Interstingly, the previous version (eeglab4.515) that I still have on my
computer works fine as I tried it.
I only have just one of the two eeglab version in my matlab path to avoid
interference between them, so either eeglab4.515 or eeglab5.02 and not both
together.

That is why I assume that the reason for the matlab crash lies somewhere in
eeglab5.02. Is maybe this eeglab version not compatible with matlab R2006a
(7.2.0.283)?

Does anybody else already had this problem and could tell me what the best would
be to do?

Many thanks in advance,

Doerte