[Eeglablist] Headplot Question

arno arno at salk.edu
Wed Aug 30 03:03:11 PDT 2006

Dear Muluh,

it is not currently possible to limit the plotted region to you
electrode only. To fix that, it would be necessary to find the
intersection of the headplot with a surface (not necessarily planar)
that match the lower part of your electrodes. Once this is done, you
would have to generate 2 surfaces, one for the top of the head and one
for the bottom (and this is tricky because you need to add points so
that the limit is smooth). If anyone is interested to develop that, we
will be glad to include it in EEGLAB.

For publication purposes, I would simply use the command line option "
'plotmeshonly', 'head' " to get the mesh with skin color and then use a
graphic software to combine your headplot with the skin-colored head
(assuming they have the same view angle.

I hope this helps,

Arno