[Eeglablist] ICA Sample Size

arno arno at salk.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:26:46 PST 2006

Dear Debebe,

Not really knowing how to answer your question, I asked Tony about this
(Tony Bell, the creator of Infomax ICA). He said:

"His reasoning is flawed.

Briefly, ICA is estimating a whole host of
cross-node higher-order statistics in parallel.
Your friend should look up the sampling theory
for multivariate higher-order statistics, not
univariate 2nd order statistics. "