[Eeglablist] re Shielding paint: unlikely to work

Fouquet N.C. N.C.Fouquet at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 07:00:20 PST 2008

In the lab where I work, it's 50 Hz (UK).
I had contacted a collaborator who is now working in a company doing EMF
testing, for his advice on that sort of paint shielding etc stuff for my
lab and basically what he said was that the problem was more likely to
be an eathing or earthing loop issue ("50 Hz noise is very often from
injected or stray currents rather than radiated fields"). And in his
opinion and experience, it's very hard to shield against 50 Hz fields,
and metal wallpaper etc won't work too well.

I personally didn't pursue the idea any further.

Sorry guys,
Nathalie