[Eeglablist] Power and Coherence data

Jessica Tallet Jessica.Tallet at pse.unige.ch
Sun Feb 10 23:39:28 PST 2008

Hi to everyone,

I would like to obtain data about Power Spectra and Coherence between channels (cf. Andres et al., 1999, Brain, 122, 855-870) and I have 3 questions:

(1) Concerning the Power, I use the function pop_spectopo() in order to obtain the channels spectra but it seems that the data in the Matlab array editor do not correspond to the data that produce the graph (values from -2 to 10 dB for the graph and values from -59 to 15 for the Matlab array). What are the values I obtain in the array editor? and how can I get the "real" data, that correspond to the graph?

(2) Concerning the Coherence, I obtain coherence between two channels by using the function pop_newcrossf(). Does anyone know how to visualize the data corresponding to both the amplitude and the phase coherences in the Matlab array editor?

(3) When I perform the function pop_newcrossf(), I wonder why the epoch is reduced.

Sorry for these basic questions and thanks for any help.

Jessica Tallet (Research Assistant)
Faculty of Psychology
University of Geneva, Switzerland