[Eeglablist] get global field power of ERP data

Stefan Debener s.debener at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Feb 14 01:01:31 PST 2008

Dear Ki-Young,

if you have an epoched EEGLAB dataset, you get the GFP from using the ML
std() of the averaged signal:

if length(size(EEG.data))==3
    gfp = std(mean(EEG.data,3));
end

An informative plot that may help you with the definition of ERP latency
windows could look like this:

figure;
plot(EEG.times, mean(EEG.data,3), 'k');
hold on;
plot(EEG.times, std(mean(EEG.data,3)), 'r', 'linewidth', 3);

I find it sometimes useful to look at the GFP of the single-trials as well.
Best,
Stefan