[Eeglablist] questions to artifact rejection

Gossenreiter Daniela Daniela.Gossenreiter at fh-linz.at
Sun Mar 23 10:59:43 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I just started to work with EEGLAB so I have a few questions. When I plot the component spectra there is always a peak at exactly 0,4896 Hz. Does anybody know the reason for this?
And in the EEGLAB - Tutorial the label of the y-axis is Rel. Power (dB) and when I plot the component spectra the label is Power 10*log(10)(µV^2/Hz). Why?
I want to reject trials of my data using data statistics. But I don't konw which thresholds I should use. Is there a recipe which thresholds to use? Is this method more useful for larger datasets, or is it also possible to use it for relatively small datasets (<1MB)?
And the last question: Are there any papers/articles dealing with artifacts and artifact rejection?

With best regards
Daniela Gossenreiter
University of applied sciences
Linz, Austria