[Eeglablist] Regarding Standard EEG database

Germán Gómez-Herrero german.gomezherrero at tut.fi
Wed Apr 16 01:48:47 PDT 2008

Dear Roshan,
I don't think that you can find a "standard" EEG database. However, you can
find very good quality "labeled" databases in the internet. You should check
this link maintained by Arnaud Delorme:

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~arno/fam2data/publicly_available_EEG_data.html

You must be aware that labeling an EEG dataset is far more complex than
labeling e.g. an ECG, which is already quite difficult. The problem is that
it is often impossible to be 100% sure whether certain waveform or pattern
in the EEG corresponds to certain electrophysiological process in the brain.
Nevertheless, if you are interested in pattern recognition I would suggest
that you take a look at Brain Computer Interfaces (BCI) or epileptic seizure
prediction.

For epileptic seizure prediction there is a very comprehensive database from
the university of Freiburg:

https://epilepsy.uni-freiburg.de/freiburg-seizure-prediction-project/eeg-dat
abase

The link above is not working in this moment, at least from my computer...
but it might work later.

Another possibility is to use the two epileptic EEG datasets that we have
available in our group:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~gomezher/projects/eeg/databases.htm

For BCI applications some datasets are available here:
http://ida.first.fraunhofer.de/projects/bci/competition_iii/

Best regards,
Germán

Germán Gómez-Herrero
M. Sc., Researcher
Tampere University of Technology
P.O. Box 553, FI-33101, Tampere, Finland
Phone:   +358 3 3115 4519
Mobile:  +358 40 5011256
Fax:     +358 3 3115 4989
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~gomezher/index.htm