[Eeglablist] substracting channels

arno delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Mon May 5 19:28:52 PDT 2008

If these are the two first channels, you could use the re-referencing
menu, select you new reference channel (channel 2) and then exclude
all channels except channel 1 from referencing. However, this is like
tweaking the program as the re-referencing menu is not really designed
for that purpose.

Alternatively, you may simply type on the command line

EEG.data(1,:,:) = EEG.data(1,:,:) - EEG.data(2,:,:);

then save it in the EEGLAB backup memory

ALLEEG = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);

then you may also save it from the EEGLAB menu.
Hope this helps,

Arno