[Eeglablist] Looking for reviewers for paper titled: Understanding and Improving ICA Source Separation of EEG Data

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Fri May 9 17:03:52 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I apologize for this possibly off-topic posting.  As much as it is
off-topic, I think it is right on the topic.

I am looking for reviewers that I can recommend to the journal of
Neuroscience Methods for a paper titled: "Understanding and Improving ICA
Source Separation of EEG Data".  Approximately 50% of the paper is a
discussion of characteristics of EEG and brain activity that can be
exploited to improve source separation of EEG via ICA.  The remaining 50%
uses a mathematical model to illustrate some of the main points and provide
possible solutions. The modelling process uses the runica algorithm to make
specific points.

The objectives of the paper are given below:

Objective: To clearly describe the runica ICA source separation process and
how its assumptions relate to the quality of brain source estimates.  To
show how coordinated brain function is a potential barrier to source
separation via ICA.  To demonstrate methods to improve the estimate of brain
source activities.

If anyone is interested in formally reviewing such a paper as part of the
JNM acceptance processing, please let me know.

Regards,

Phil Zeman

Philip Michael Zeman
pzeman at ece.uvic.ca