[Eeglablist] Out of memory when loading a CNT

Christopher Wilke wilk0242 at umn.edu
Wed Jun 18 15:07:55 PDT 2008

Hi Min-

Your problem is likely due to the manner in which the different
operating systems handle memory. With Matlab, the largest variable size
is determined by the largest contiguous block of free memory. Therefore,
even though your Windows machine has 2.5G RAM, the maximum variable size
Matlab is able to create and store could be much, much smaller,
particularly if you have several processes running in the background.

You can check the free contiguous blocks of memory at the Matlab prompt
by typing: system_dependent memstats

There is a helpful web tutorial dealing with large datasets in Matlab on
the Matlab Central File Exchange
(http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=9060&objectType=file#).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,