[Eeglablist] Detection of phase reversal in the EOGs

Martín Martínez marmarvi at teleco.upv.es
Mon Jun 23 10:13:28 PDT 2008

Dear EEGLAB listers,

I am trying to characterize the presence of eye movements (EMs) obtained by the detection of phase reversal both low pass filtered EOGs signals. For that reasson, the first thing I thought was to reference them to the same mastoid electrode signal (i.e. A1). I had a look in the list archive but i did not find something similar, so I was thinking to take a threshold to detect those movements and analize the phase of both EOGs, and if there is a half-cycle between them, I can mark it as a phase reversal. I want to ask if any of you know some kind of aproximation or rule to take in this case, because i don´t know if my method can works.

Best Regards,

Martín

Martin Martinez
Departamento de Comunicaciones