[Eeglablist] append channels to an existing set file?

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jun 27 03:03:45 PDT 2008

Hi Matthias,

> I have to deal with very large datasets (1-2h at 5000Hz). Therefore I
> want to run my analysis steps (including filtering/downsampling)
> channel by channel on the command line. In the end the data shall be
> appended again to one set file. Is there e. g. an option in
> pop_saveset.m to append channels by and by to an existing set file?
I hope I remember details correctly, but if you save datasets in two
files [either menu File -> "Memory and other options" or use
pop_saveset('savemode', 'twofiles')] the data files are plain vectorized
(channel vectors) little endian single precision floats. These can be
read and written using MATLAB built-in fopen, fseek, fread and fwrite.
You might want to have a look at the source code of eeg_getdatact.m for
an example.

Good luck,
Andreas