[Eeglablist] how to recover the cluster-average weight vector from the STUDY.cluster structure

Bernie C. Till btill at ece.uvic.ca
Wed Jul 9 12:35:39 PDT 2008

Viviane:

In general, yes.  You can do it and you don't need to modify any code.

All of the functions that have user interfaces can also be called from the
command line.  If you give them the parameters they need, they will just do
what they are told without popping up a dialog box.  For example, to plot a
scalp topology, you might use the command

    Plot > Component Maps > In 2D

EEgLab uses the pop_topoplot() function to do this.  The nice thing about it
is, afterwards, you can use the command

    File > Save History

to see what EEGLab did to produce your plot.  Then you can say

    >> help pop_topoplot

to find out the rest of the information you need to call pop_topoplot()
directly from the command line or from a MatLab script.  Among other things,
you will find

  Usage:
    >> pop_topoplot(EEG); % pops up a parameter query window
    >> pop_topoplot(EEG, typeplot, items, title, plotdip, options...); % no
pop-up

For other plots, the name of the function is different, but the idea is the
same.

Regards,
-- Bernie.