[Eeglablist] How should I treat a nose electrode during ICA?

Ng Eric goodieskk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:37:09 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I used a neuroscan system (32 channels, mean M1 M2 as online
reference) during data collection. I manually added a 'nose' channel
so that I can rereference the data to the nose later on. I use the
standard 10-5 BESA cap in the plugin to specify the channel locations
for ICA. However there's no location of a nose channel. I wonder 1) do
I need to include the nose for ICA? 2) do I need a location for the
nose channel and if so how?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Eric