[Eeglablist] high frequency range & ICA

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 21:56:07 PDT 2008

Tewhan -

ICA is a linear decomposition that passes through all the frequencies that
are in the data. I believe there is much to be learned still about how ICA
parses gamma EEG (and higher) activity ...

Scott Makeig

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Taewahn Kim <lovefor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had EEG data and it had been processed with ICA for EOG signal rejection.
>
> And I am interested in high frequency activities like gamma band activity,
> including both power and phase.
> I wonder whether it is effective that high frequency(more than 30Hz) is
> analyzed after ICA process.
>
> My EEG data was processed with 'runica' function.
> Can I perform gamma analysis with this data?
>
> Sincerely,
> Tae-Wahn Kim

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0961, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott