[Eeglablist] Importing .adicht to eeglab

Daniel Hertle daniel_hertle at gmx.net
Mon Oct 6 13:44:15 PDT 2008

>> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:40:58 +0200
>> From: Daniel Hertle <daniel_hertle at gmx.net>
>> Subject: [Eeglablist] Importing .adicht to eeglab
>> To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu
>>
>> I need your Help-
>> We are recording continuous 8 cannel ECoG on our ICU using a windows
>> based Chart5 (ADInstruments) recording system. I would love to further
>> analyze these files using MATLAB/eeglab. Since eeglab cant use the
>> standard Chart5 format (.adicht) I open a .adicht file with Chart5 and
>> save it as .mat file. Whenever I try to import the .mat-file to eeglab
>> it gives me some error message. Is there any documentation how to work
>> with the chart/eeglab combination. I tried a lot of different things so
>> far...
>> Greetings
>> Daniel
>>

> Convert the data into the CFWB format by using "The Translate Binary
> Extension for Chart 5". Then, you should be able to load the data with
> the biosig-plugin.
>
> Alois

Thank you Alois. I am saving my files as binary (64 bit floating point
format) now. After starting eeglab I import
the file using the biosig import option. Everything seems to work fine
and there is no error message. But then
matlab stalls and the eeglab window still reads "no curred data set". I
also tried small files (e.g. 21MB) with the
same result. I tried with event and event free data. Any idea what might
be wrong?

Reading data file header...
Format not tested yet.
For more information contact <a.schloegl at ieee.org> Subject:
Biosig/Dataformats
Warning SOPEN: Automated OVERFLOWDETECTION not supported - check
yourself for saturation artifacts.
Format not tested yet.
For more information contact <a.schloegl at ieee.org> Subject:
Biosig/Dataformats
Reading data in CFWB format...
eeg_checkset warning: 3rd dimension size of data (1) does not match the
number of epochs (1393000), corrected
eeg_checkset warning: number of columns in data (1393000) does not match
the number of points (1): corrected
eeg_checkset note: upper time limit (xmax) adjusted so
(xmax-xmin)*srate+1 = number of frames
Extracting events from last EEG channel...

Need Help - Thank you
Daniel