[Eeglablist] Central Frequency Estimation

Martín Martínez marmarvi at teleco.upv.es
Fri Nov 21 11:01:16 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Martinez
To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 8:00 PM
Subject: Central Frequency Estimation

Good evening,

I am working on EEG signals in PSGs. Once i filter the EEG signal with the correct low pass filter, i take some parameters of the signal to work with. One of this parameters is dominant rythm or central frequency. To estimate this, I make the FFT of the portion of signal and then i calculate the centroid. After that, I plot the evaluation of the central frequency along the EEG signal. My problem is that I think that the central frequency is 1-2 Hz higher that I hope and my question is if anyone knows another methods or related info on the matter.

Alter that, I tried an AR-2 model of the signal and the average of central frequency decreases, but if i try to make it with the EMG signal, the behavour changes...

Can anyone help me with this 'Central Frequency Estimation' in EEGs?

Thank you very much,

Martin

P.S.: I apply before notch filters to eliminate DC signal, and contribution of low-frequency is very little (so the spectrum seems correct).