[Eeglablist] ERSP on a epoch by epoch basis

Eric Landsness landsness at wisc.edu
Wed Dec 31 16:05:32 PST 2008

The ERSP is calculated by subtracting the mean (of a collection of epochs) power across time from a mean baseline power.

If I wanted to subtract the power (of a single epoch) across time from a mean baseline power could I do this?  In other words, I want to see on an individual epoch by epoch basis how the power is changing.

I have tried to do this using the newtimef function and supplying my own 'powbase' baseline spectrum, but I am worried that newtimef wasn't meant to be used on an epoch by epoch basis.

Thanks in advance,
Eric