[Eeglablist] 64 Bit EEGLAB / 64 Bit Matlab / 64 Bit Linux

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 10 12:22:54 PDT 2009

Dear Alexander,

> Would acquiring and installing 64 Bit Matlab to run on 64 Bit Linux
> provide us with a 64 Bit EEGLAB environment that would overcome this
> limitation - enabling us to process a full hour or perhaps a bit more
> or less than an hour of EEG acquired at this rate?  If so, does anyone
> know which 64 Bit Linux distribution works best - or at least works
> well - with EEGLAB 6 and/or 7?

Using more RAM should solve your problems, although you could as well
resample your data.
For 64-bit, we have been using Fedora core for 4 years and it works
well (Fedora core 10). The Redhat distribution also works.
Installing Matlab on Linux can be a (big) pain though especially if
you have a distributed license. Although I am a Linux fan, if you do
not have a system administrator who can help you, maybe Windows 64-bit
is a better option (Matlab also runs on Windows 64-bit; there are a
couple of tweaks that a user just sent us to make EEGLAB work and we
will fix that this week).

Kind regards,